Local SEO is a series of strategies designed to improve your visibility on Google and other search engines when people close to your physical location perform a search or when a search includes a specific location. It uses local keyword modifiers, business directory networks, and local authoritative links to build credibility in a chosen location for specific keywords. Whilst this may sound complicated, it will improve sales through building online visibility.
Who is Local SEO for?
Local SEO is for any business that has a physical location or serves a set geographic area. For example, brick-and-mortar stores like restaurants and shops should be using Local SEO to expand the reach of their business. Additionally, companies that distribute specific services such as construction workers, locksmiths, and other businesses that travel to their customers will benefit greatly from Local SEO.
Who does Local SEO attract?
Local SEO is usually practiced by local businesses that aim to expand and reach their audience in the physical location that they operate in to develop business. It is a perfect opportunity to get in front of those valuable customers!
Why are Local SEO Services important for your business?
If you are a small business, the chances are that you are looking to attract local prospective customers in the area that you trade within. Local SEO offers a targeted approach, positioning your business in front of local people that are interested in what you do when they’re searching and looking to buy in the local area.
These customers may not know you exist, so think of the new business opportunities!
Local SEO Tips for Small Businesses
- Website Localisation – Ensure that you reference your city, country or even region name throughout your site. If your company has several locations, you may wish to reference all of them to ensure that customers are directed to the correct place and think about why users from that area would want to engage with your business.
- Citation Building – It is important that you feature on citation sites and local business directories to make sure that customers are able to find your business. Don’t forget to feature your company name and contact details to give you a little search engine ranking “boost”.
- Claim your Google My Business listing – Ensure that you include as much detail about your business as you can on your Google My Business listing. This includes: accurate business hours, photos, and a link to your website! Make the most of it. The more data Google has about you and your company, the better they treat you in search. Claiming your business listing is vital!
- Get into your customers shoes – Think about what your ideal customers will search for and identify local keywords. This will enable you to tailor your content so that they are more likely to buy from you. Think about searches like “near me” “in area” “local” and see if you can use them to get new business.
- Get social – Using social media to your advantage will increase your prominence. It will enable you to start conversations that will land the spot on Google local listings.
If you’re looking to boost traffic to your website, increase leads and build trust and loyalty, local SEO is here to help. For more information on local SEO and how it can help your business check out our specialist SEO services.